Monday, August 12, 2013

A one two punch for allergy control


So thanks to the wonderful monsoonal moisture we've been having in northern AZ everything is blooming! Add to that some much needed yard work on our property as a result and my allergies are going crazy! Since moving here I know I am particularly reactive to the tumbleweed which I have never had to deal with before. But even still, I am not one to usually struggle with allergies.

As I have written about before, allergies are important to control especially for your child with Autism who may battle yeast overgrowth. If you need a refresher on that, here is that past blog. I regularly start using New Beginnings Nutritionals' A & I Formula for my son in his morning supplements when allergy season begins. It is a pre-emptive attempt to keep the immune response at bay. Then today I read this article that talks about mast cell activation and mitochondrial dysfunction in relation to pollen exposure. Clearly allergies are something that need to be addressed when the barrage of pollen begins.

So the other day after some time weeding in the garden plus the normal exposure plus the fact that we have acres (and are surrounded by additional acres) of pines, tumbleweeds, native grasses, other weeds and flowers, my allergies were going crazy! I had it all, itchy eyes to the point where I wished I could scratch them right out of their sockets, itchy throat, runny nose and sneezing. I was a mess! That night I took 2 A & I capsules (they also come in chewables) and then 2 of our new Curcumin/Quercetin capsules. Wow! The next morning I woke without the itchy throat and eyes and no sneezing! I was pretty blown away. I had been meaning to try the new Curcumin/Quercetin but to be honest I had been just giving it to my son. Us moms are like that, not taking something we really need to save money so they can have it! But you need to take care of yourself too! You can't care for your family effectively when you are under the weather. The blend is so helpful when it comes to inflammation in general but when you add in the quercetin you also get that respiratory/allergy support as well!

So there you have it, if you have someone who really battles with allergies, I highly recommend trying these supplements. And if you do, please share your experiences!

No comments: