Monday, August 5, 2013

USAAA Conference in Salt Lake City Utah

I'm just about bursting with excitement! I have been asked to speak with my friend and mentor Julie Matthews at the upcoming US Autism and Asperger Association (USAAA) conference in Salt Lake City Utah on August 18th! We will be covering the topic of getting supplements into your child through the incorporation of food. Now, this is not to confuse the issue of feeding problems, which can be very problematic in Autism Spectrum Disorders! This is not about that and we would never advocate hiding supplements in foods as that can cause worsening of picky eating/problem feeding, lead to loss of trust with your child, and make a bad situation worse! But, if you have a child who knows they need supplements and you are looking for a way to incorporate them into foods/beverages to make them go down easier, then this is for you!!

Our session is called Nutrition Workshop: Supplements, Kids, and Fun with your Blender and it runs from 9:00 am - 10:00 am Sunday, August 18th.

You can read my speaker bio here.

I will also be at the New Beginnings Nutritionals booth during all exhibit hours. If you are attending this conference, please stop by so I can meet you in person!

I cannot say what an honor it is to be asked to speak and share tips on getting supplements into children at a conference of this magnitude. I will admit that I am more than a little nervous. The funny thing about this journey of Autism recovery, I would never have chosen this but I feel extremely fulfilled and purpose driven. I wish my son did not have to go through what he has. But through his journey of recovery, and all I have learned as a result of healing him, has given my life so much more purpose and the ability to help others in a way I have never could have dreamed. I have learned you always have to look at the bright side and if there is a bright side to Autism, this is it! I am blessed to utilize what I have learned over the years and be able to work in this field sharing what I know with others to help their children. I wake up each day loving what I do and feeling so honored to help others in their Autism recovery journey.

No comments: